Friday, June 5, 2009

All the fun of the fair

After a really great day at the Vintage and Handmade Spring Fair last weekend I am busy preparing for the next fairs I am going along to. It will certainly be hard to beat the atmosphere of this fair and the countdown is on until the next one on 14 November and I have already booked my space to be there! Sadly I forgot my camera so I have no photos of my own from the day but it is well worth checking out the website as it has details of all great people who took part in the day http://vintageandhandmade.co.uk/


My house is like an assault course as I navigate my way around all the boxes that remain packed up ready for taking to the Rare Brand Market on Monday. The pictures above show some of the vintage china I am in the process of pricing up to take along. I adore all of this 1950s china and it is a real text of self control not to put it in my own cupboards for me to keep.

As well as having separation anxiety over the china this feeling extends to the linen I am taking along as well. I keep delaying pricing it up- perhaps this is in the hope that I run out of time so I have to keep it for a while longer!

Oh well there is only so much procrastinating a girl can do, I shall continue adding to the goodies to be packed up and I shall console myself with the thought that I am sure these gems will go to good homes!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Daniella! You have some very pretty things there - I'm glad I'm not the only one who is tempted to keep everything!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle

    I'm so sorry I missed you at the Fair. Mind you, we were at opposite ends of the building, and it was rather manic, wasn't it. Next time I shall make sure I come and say hello!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete