Monday, June 29, 2009

Fun in the sun


A dip in the sea would be just the ticket to cool off in this heat! I love this image, it is from a gorgeous 1920's vintage bucket. When I was about seven I won the Confidence Cup for swimming- the competition included blowing bubbles under water and doing a star fish- and I have a photo of me proudly clutching the cup with a rather unflattering swimming hat on, much like the one in the picture!

I love the seasons and after the last few summers of rather average weather it is a real treat to be able to enjoy such warm and sunny weather!

I got up yesterday to go to a bootsale and it was a lovely feeling wandering around hunting for treasure in a cotton dress with the early morning sun on my back. This is certainly preferable to those frezzing winter mornings when with each step I feel my foot might snap in half it is so cold!

This weather creates opportunites to do so many lovely things....Building sandcastles

Or perhaps a spot of fishing....


Both of these images are from an old childrens paint box which depicts scenes from the different seasons- each one just as charming as the next.

Another activity for the adventurous among us is surfing- this piece of vintage fabric is fab and so unusual. My next task is make it into some constance cushions using this fabric for one side and a yellow and white polka dot fabric for the other side.

Whatever you are up to in this heatwave I hope you have fun doing it!










No comments:

Post a Comment