Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fun on the farm

I am lucky enough to have spent a sunny few days on an idyllic farm in the picturesque Kent countryside at the Wealden Times Midsummer Fair.

Thursday was the set up day for the Fair and sadly for my bank balance I kept getting distracted as I watched other stallholders transform two empty marquees into a shopping paradise. Next door to me was Petite Maison, and Theresa, the lovely lady who runs this business had not even finished unloading her van before I had snapped up one of her gorgeous benches! This was the first of several purchases I made but sometimes some things are too lovely to pass by!
The wonderfully chosen location, a working farm near High Halden, coupled with the sunshine created a really successful event. The atmosphere was great- there was a barn where lunches were served amid masses of cottage flowers, wigwams, a tea tent and some delightful piglets! This little one was too sweet not to snap!


Many visitors to the fair fell in love with these cute piglets, but unlike the goods on sale during the two days theses couldn't be taken home. Many of my favourite finds sold but they have gone to good homes which is very important! Much of the china in this cabinet is now no longer in my possession so I need to get collecting ready for my next fair at Barnes.

There are plans for another fair next summer and for a Christmas fair as well and so I am finding my mind is increasingly focusing on the festive season but in the meantime there is a summer to be enjoyed!

I have tried to capture the best things about summer on the new homepage for the acorn & will website. I also made sure I picked a range of accessories made from lovely summery vintage fabrics to take along last weekend and I shall be doing the same for the Barnes Fair next month!

On that note I really should get back to making some daisy rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment