Sunday, July 5, 2009

Anyone for tennis?

With Wimbledon fortnight drawing to a close I thought I would mark this sporting occasion before it is too late! I found this vintage Victory tennis game on my travels. My mum recalls playing this game and I think this version was superceded by Swingball, the game that I used to play- those were the days when I actually partook in some form of sporting endeavour!! The contents of the box are in good shape but it was the images of the lid that captivated me. I think this is too lovely to be shut away in a cupboard- it is worthy of being put on a shelf to be admired!













While out and about I came across this other tennis themed bit of treasure and I simply could not resist this lovely lady.... While tennis whites and strappy sandals are not exactly practical I love her for her novel choice of footwear! I will be taking both of these with me to Barnes next Saturday. I am really looking forward to the day- there will be some great stalls there and the location is lovely. More details of the fair can be found at www.barnes.village.org.uk I am on stand 278 so do come and say hello if you make it along.

Getting back to the tennis, no Wimbledon is complete without strawberries and cream! I went fruit picking this week at West Green Fruits in Hartley Whitney. It was so enjoyable rummaging between rows of strawberry bushes in search of ripe red fruits. This is what we came home with.... I wish you smell them... they were delicious!

I am off to look at a 7 day weather forecast... fingers crossed it is dry for next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment